Wednesday 29 October 2014

Interesting find at the valley

Eastern Newt























Over the last few weeks I have noticed some of these small amphibians walking across the greens at Victoria Park Valley. I immediately thought it was some kind of salamander. When I looked on the internet I realized it was an Eastern Newt. In all the years I have worked at both Victoria Park East and Victoria Park West or the past three years at the Valley, I have never seen one.  According to the following web site www.ontarionature.org/protect/species/reptiles_and.../eastern_newt.php    
it is not considered endangered or at risk. I am pleased to see such species diversity at the golf course and confirms golf courses and the environment can co-exist.
I will keep you informed of other interesting wildlife.
Until next time...
David

No comments:

Post a Comment